National Federal & Florida representation. Global clientele.
Dorothy F. Easley, M.S., J.D., BCS Appeals -- President and Supervising Attorney
Board Certified in Appellate Law
Areas of Appellate and Strategic Litigation Support Practice
- Business Law: Commercial, Contracts and Business Torts
- ERISA, FDUTPA, Statutory Consumer Protection
- Health Law & Medical Malpractice Law, Defense
- Constitutional, Entertainment, Intellectual Property (Trademark & Copyright) & Employment Law
Bar Admissions and Practice:
- All Florida District Courts of Appeal, 1st through 6th Districts
- All U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals, 1st through 11th Circuits
Professional Recognition (Some)
- Best Lawyers® and Best Law Firms® since 2020
- One of the "10 Best" Family Law Attorneys for Florida by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Florida Bar 2009 Award for Excellence in the Promotion of Board Certification
- Top 100 Lawyers, South Florida, in Super Lawyer Magazine 2010.
- Top 50 Women Lawyers in Super Lawyer Magazine 2009, 2010.
- Florida Super Lawyer (top 5 percent of Florida lawyers), Super Lawyer Magazine, annually since 2006
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Appellate Law.
- Legal Elite (top 1.9 percent of all Florida Lawyers), Trend Magazine
- Top Appellate Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide
- ALM Recognition of Easley in Top Women Leaders in the Law, featured in Fortune Magazine, 2014 and again in 2015
- ALM Recognition of EAP Among South Florida's Top Lawyers, Legal Leaders in Appellate, Business/Commercial Law
- Fortune 100 national health plans
- National entertainment groups
- Small businesses and Individuals
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Your contact with this firm reflects your understanding and agreement with these statements.
Recommendations or testimonials are not necessarily representative of results obtained, or all clients’ experiences with the lawyer. Facts and circumstances may differ from the matter(s) in which the results or recommendations are provided. Decisions about any lawyer are important and should not be based solely upon what is stated in a social networking site, website or blog. Your contact with this firm reflects your understanding and agreement with these statements.
© 2007-18 Easley Appellate Practice, P.L.L.C. (Since 1994) All rights reserved.
1200 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1950, Miami, Florida 33131 31
Dorothy is a former elected-Chair of the 1700-member Florida Appellate Practice Section, former Vice Chair of the Appellate Court Rules Committee, and former heads of two "big firm" appellate departments. As the firm's founder and board certified appellate specialist, Dorothy uses that experience to supervise intimately and works exhaustively with a team of appellate attorneys and appellate paralegals to efficiently and expertly advance your appeal to leave no stone unturned.
With hundreds of appeals, her firm is highly experienced and respected by appellate judges and her colleagues. Dorothy is an exceptional appellate advocate and writer, recognized with numerous awards for expertise, the uncanny ability to turn complex legalese into understandable prose, and win even the most complex cases.
When it comes to federal appeals, Dorothy is a nationally recognized author who literally wrote the book: Successful Federal Appeals in All Circuit Courts: A Practical Guide for Busy Lawyers. Dorothy appreciates the value of hard work, perseverance and tenacity. She grew up on a farm, learned to drive a tractor, and worked on a forestry logging crew for room and board as an undergraduate in the mountains of North Carolina. Dorothy has a Master of Science, summa cum laude, in forest genetics from New York SUNY/ESF, where she also worked as a Research Fellow, and then as a Research Forest Geneticist in Latin America. She earned her Juris Doctor, cum laude, in law from University of Miami, where she served as the Inter-American Law Review Executive Editor after serving as a Research Assistant for work on Constitutional and Latin American law. Dorothy also interned at the Third District Court of Appeal, Florida.
Her diverse professional experience--as a published research scientist in Latin America, as a university law professor, as a board certified appellate specialist, and as a former "biglaw" partner--has positioned her as a recognized leader in the appellate community.